Tuesday 1 November 2011

Halloween Candy Cookies


We were having a Halloween costume party at work with prizes for the best costume in a few categories.  We had some prizes, but we needed a few more, so I decided to make cookies and package them up.  I wanted them to be Halloween themed, but without the hassle of piping bats or pumpkins.  So, I decided to use Halloween candy – Smarties and Crunchie chocolate bars.


Check out the verdict at the end of the post!

Smartie and Crunchie Cookies
Adapted from here.
Makes 18 cookies.

Ingredients
1 1/8 cup flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup salted butter
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 teaspoons corn syrup
½ cup chopped Crunchie bars
½ cup Smarties

Directions
1.       Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lay parchment paper on cookie sheet.
2.       In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
3.       In a larger bowl, beat butter and both sugars until fluffy.
4.       Add salt, vanilla, egg, and corn syrup ad beat until mixed.
5.       Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
6.       Divide dough in half and put into 2 bowls.  Mix in Crunchie chunks in one half, and Smarties in the other half.
7.       Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart. 
8.       Bake for 8 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack.

Chopped Crunchie bars

Before baking.



Verdict: These cookies were so good! I especially liked the Crunchie cookies!  They had a great caramel flavor!  My co-workers seemed pretty happy about winning them!  By the way, I won “Most original costume” – I was a lamb (and No, I did not win my own cookies!).



3 comments:

  1. Since I can’t taste it easily I have been enjoying nicely taken pictures every week
    which make good appetite.
    D niconico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congrats on winning, would love to see a picture of you decked out like a lamb.
    Nice cookie recipe, we have lots and lots of candies to be crushed up and put into cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's a great way to use Halloween candy. The flavor options are endless!

    ReplyDelete