I wanted to make a snack that I can bring to work. I get hungry around 3pm – that time between lunch and dinner. I like muffins but the ones at the stores have a ton of sugar and are huge! Time to make my own.
Check out the verdict at the end of the post!
Apple Raspberry Bran Muffins
Makes 7 small muffins.
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup bran
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup oil
1/3 cup yogurt
¼ cup sucanat sugar (or brown sugar)
¼ cup apple juice
½ cup (total) of raspberries and cubed apples
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with 7 cupcake liners
2. In a small bowl, whisk all dry ingredients. Set aside.
3. In a larger bowl, beat all wet ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix with a spatula until just combined.
5. Fold in apples and raspberries.
6. Spoon batter into liners, just over ¾ full.
7. Bake for 13 minutes, or until toothpick comes out dry.
Verdict: These muffins turned out super moist and perfectly sweet. The raspberries gave them a really nice kick of flavor. These will make a great afternoon snack at work!