I love the combination of sweet and salty. I used to have dessert at the same time as my meal so that I could alternate between sweet and salty. So when I came across this post, I was inspired! Rice crispy treats made of Doritos potato chips sounded interesting, but I wanted to start with something a bit safer: potato chip rice crispy squares.
Check out the verdict at the end of the post!
Potato Chip Rice Crispy Squares
¼ cup butter
5 cups mini marshmallows
½ teaspoon vanilla syrup
3 cups crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Crispies)
3 cups crushed potato chips
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add marshmallows and melt.
3. Take off heat and add vanilla syrup. Stir.
4. Optional – throw a handful of marshmallows and stir if you want chunks of semi-melted marshmallows.
5. Add rice cereal and potato chips and stir until evenly coated in marshmallows.
6. Transfer to a baking dish and pat down with a spatula. Cool completely before cutting.
Verdict: These were great! They really hit the spot for the sweet and salty craving. They were very addictive, so be careful! I’m thinking of incorporating other salty snacks to kick up the saltiness – pretzels, Ritz crackers, Bugles?