I recently bought a package of M&M’s with pretzels inside. These were right up my alley of sweet and salty. I was itching to do some baking and the package of M&M’s was sitting in the cupboard so I thought I’d throw them in cookies. I’ve previously made cookies with pretzels and chocolate, but this makes it one step easier.
Other baking ingredients sitting in my cupboard waiting for baking experiments are giant marshmallows, guava butter, and coconut syrup. Sit tight for those!
Check out the verdict at the end of the post!
Pretzel M&M Cookies
Adapted from here.
1¼ cup all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup salted butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon butter vanilla bakery emulsion (or vanilla extract)
1½ cup pretzel M&M’s
¼ cup toffee bits
1. Sift flour, cornstarch, and baking soda into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat butter until fluffy (1 minute).
3. Add both sugars and beat until fluffy (2 minutes).
4. Add egg and beat until light yellow (5 minutes).
5. Add vanilla and beat until incorporated.
6. Add flour mixture and mix until just mixed (30 seconds or less).
7. Add M&M’s and toffee bits and mix until incorporated.
8. Scoop with an ice cream scoop and portion it onto a cookie sheet. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 24-72 hours.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
10. Spread cookies out on baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes.
11. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Verdict: This is one of my standard recipes with which I mix different add-ins, such as coconut, nuts, chocolate, and coffee. The Pretzel M&M add-in did not disappoint. Great caramelization especially around the edges while the middle remained chewy. Definitely follow the step of refrigerating for a few days. It's what takes these cookies to the next level. I brought them to work and they were all gone in a matter of a couple hours!