While I was in Las Vegas with my girl friends for a double-stag, we checked out the Sugar Factory at the Miracle Mile Shops in Planet Hollywood. My friend Cat wanted try the banana hot chocolate because she LOVES bananas, but she didn’t because it was too hot for hot chocolate. So, I suggested that I make it for her when we got back into Vancouver, because even though it’s technically summer in Vancouver, it thought it was autumn. And yes, sure enough, when we got back, it was rainy and cold – perfect hot chocolate weather.
Wait for the verdict at the end of the post!
Banana Hot Chocolate
Makes 2 servings.
3 cups whole milk (use whatever milk you like but a lower fat milk will be less creamy)
50 grams dark chocolate
1. Blend milk and banana in a blender or food processor.
2. Pour milk-banana mixture in a small saucepan and heat on medium until warm and the smell of bananas fill the room.
3. While milk is heating up, place chocolate in another saucepan and heat on medium low, stirring until melted.
4. Using a sieve, strain the milk mixture into the chocolate.
5. Stir until the chocolate dissolves into the milk. Pour into mugs and serve.
Verdict: For me, the best part of making banana hot chocolate was the smell of banana bread that filled the kitchen (and other parts of the house)! Smelled so good! Oh yeah, and it tasted pretty good too! Perfectly sweet for no added sugar. Cat, of course, loved it!