My friends and I loooove mochi, especially on frozen yogurt! So, I wanted to make a cake that incorporates that sticky mochi texture that we love – because,
mochi + cake = awesomeness!
But I also wanted to take it up a notch. So, here is,
mochi + cake + strawberries + mangos = awesomeness to the next level!
Strawberry and Mango Mochi Cake
Adapted from here.
½ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup evaporated milk (1/2 can)
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 oz sweet rice flour (1/2 box of Mochiko rice four)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1.5 cups of cubed strawberries and mangos
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl
3. Add evaporated milk and mix
4. Add eggs and vanilla and mix
5. Add rice flour and baking powder and mix
6. Fold in fruit
7. Pour into a parchment paper lined baking pan
8. Bake for about 1 hour
|Before being baked|
|After being baked|
So chewy and tasty!