Sunday 15 May 2011

Strawberry and Mango Mochi Cake


My friends and I loooove mochi, especially on frozen yogurt! So, I wanted to make a cake that incorporates that sticky mochi texture that we love – because,
mochi + cake = awesomeness! 
But I also wanted to take it up a notch. So, here is,
mochi + cake + strawberries + mangos = awesomeness to the next level!

Strawberry and Mango Mochi Cake
Adapted from here.


Ingredients
½ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup evaporated milk (1/2 can)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 oz sweet rice flour (1/2 box of Mochiko rice four)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1.5 cups of cubed strawberries and mangos

Directions
1.       Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.       Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl
3.       Add evaporated milk and mix
4.       Add eggs and vanilla and mix
5.       Add rice flour and baking powder and mix
6.       Fold in fruit
7.       Pour into a parchment paper lined baking pan
8.       Bake for about 1 hour

Before being baked

After being baked




So chewy and tasty!

9 comments:

  1. I love mochi! This looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I don't have to ration THESE mochis!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! This one is a real mouth-watering mango and strawberry mochi cake! I would like to give it a try. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried making this, but after more than an hour in the oven, the inside was still very moist. Any idea what went wrong?!
    I was so excited, your cake looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie, sorry to hear it didn't turn out! The cake is pretty moist as the glutenous flour makes a sticky dough. However, a toothpick inserted should not come out with bits of dough on it. Maybe our oven temperatures are a different?

      Delete
    2. Hmm.. moist was probably an understatement - it definitely just looked like raw dough :( Maybe I`ll try it again..!

      Delete
  5. the crusts(such as the bottom) was a bit tough but the inside is absolutely delicious! moist with a sponge-y bounce! i didnt have evaporated milk so i used sweet condensed milk and added about 1/4 cup sugar instead.
    this will be a keeper for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Glad it worked out!
      -Erica (tast-e)

      Delete