Tuesday 25 March 2014

Pretty Fail



Baking fails are so frustrating. You’re wondering why I haven’t posted for a few weeks. It’s not that I wasn’t baking, it’s that I’ve been experimenting and failing. Oh, and trying to get good natural lighting for shooting. It meant that I would run home from work and then try to shoot in the last few minutes of sunlight. (Maybe I should invest in some lights…)

But spring is finally here, and with it more daylight hours for photographing! I wanted to make a cake that represented spring and although the outside turned out pretty, the cake was a complete bust. It was dense, rubbery, and kind of dry. And it was full of tiny holes. When I suggested throwing the entire thing out, the fiancé said I should bring it to work, but when he took a bite, agreed that it had to go straight into the trash.

The good thing is that I didn’t making the cake for any occasion or for a gift or potluck. I made it for me – as in I wanted to make a cake for experimenting and practicing. Which is why I didn’t get upset when it failed. Apparently, I would’ve been upset for a week had it been meant for someone/something.

Anyways, thought you’d like some photos. Can you detect the density of the cake?




No comments:

Post a Comment