Tuesday 24 December 2013

Gingerbread Stained Glass Ornaments



Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy Festivus  everyone! How has your holiday baking been? Mine’s been pretty non-stop (fun of course!). For my last post before the big day, I thought I’d share these stained glass gingerbread ornaments. I made these as party favours for the cookie exchange I hosted at work.

You’ll need:
Clear hard candies (like Jolly Ranchers)
Ribbon or twine


Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment (this is crucial, trust me!)
2.  Separate candies by colour, unwrap, place in a re-sealable plastic bag, and pound with a meat pounder or rolling pin.
3.  Roll out dough and cut with cookie cutters.
4.  Place on baking sheet and cut out middle. Punch out a hole for the string with a straw.
5.  Place crushed candies in the hole.
6.  Bake for 6-8 minutes. Leave to cool on tray for 2 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack. Thread with ribbon or twine.






The smell is divine! Get creative with the stained glass – don’t be afraid to mix colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment